What makes SimVenture Evolution special?
If you choose Evolution, you should know our goal has always been to build an advanced learning solution that simulates the realities of running a small, medium enterprise. To achieve this goal we have invested in a skilled and dedicated team over many years.
The result: a business simulation capable of revolutionising learning on a global scale
As a team, we strive to provide the gold-standard in terms of business simulation design. Achieving this status means working with and listening carefully to clients from around the world and maintaining a culture of openness and transparency.
Unlike other business simulation products, we believe you should be able to view and evaluate our work in your own time. If you haven’t already done so, have a look at the walk-through videos or scroll to the foot of any page on this site to request your free evaluation copy.
Reasons to choose Evolution
We’ve designed our business simulator to maximise both the learner and teacher/trainer experience…
- People access the on-line multi-platform business strategy game wherever there is internet connection
- Engaging interface, intuitive navigation and extensive user ‘Help’ in multiple formats makes the simulation easy to access & use
- People run a business for up to 10 simulated years & compete against the computer or head-to-head against others
- Sophisticated algorithms factor in money, time, stress, skills and tiredness. Little is left to chance.
- ‘Control Tower’ access allows tutors and trainers to monitor, communicate with, alter and assess user progress remotely
- Written scenarios & activities are continuously developed to support focused, subject-based independent learning
- Backed and supported by a highly experienced team with extensive & combined skills in education, business and technology
- Highly flexible resource used independently and at any time by an individual or group (it doesn’t rely on VSL staff involvement)
- Powerful distance-learning multi-player resource allowing people to work without hassle or any travel expense
- Developed in conjunction with 8 university institutions.
Being an on-line product, reliable access to a good internet connection is required if you choose Evolution. Unlike our off-line business simulation ‘SimVenture Classic’ Evolution only works over the internet.
When the product launched in 2016, the business simulator allowed people to run a bicycle manufacturing company. The product doesn’t yet simulate another type of business but plans are already in place to provide this additional functionality. On that note, the business simulation does not individuals to enter their own personal business data into the simulation to test out future scenarios.
SimVenture Evolution allows users to run a business for up to 10 simulated years. Users progress through the simulation in quarterly time periods. Whilst this decision-making cycle develops business strategy thinking, there are fewer opportunities (compared to Classic) for tactical decisions to be made.